The simplest way to model a BDC (Business Development Company) in HiddenLevers is as a Fixed Income holding. To do so you will need the following information:
- A name to use to represent the holding in your reports.
- An expected yield value as a percentage.
- Any coupon as a percentage value, and whether it is quarterly, semi-annual or annual.
- A CUSIP number if known (this is optional).
- A maturity date if known (again optional).
- If the holding is being held to maturity in the event the maturity date is known.
- What industry the BDC works primarily with (e.g., mortgages, credit, hospital real estate development, high-tech venture funding, etc.).
- The total US dollar value of the holding.
Instructions for how to create a Fixed Income holding in a portfolio can be found in the article How to add a bond to a portfolio.